Sunday, May 18, 2008

My First Triathalon

I did my first triathalon this weekend, and it was so fun! This first picture is of Keri (my little sister) and I before this race. It was about 6:30 in my morning so I think our faces were still trying to wake up.



This next photo is of the transition area.


Here I am at the finish line holding my darling signs the boys made for me. They said things like, "Mom, you rock" and "You're hot!" They were all so supportive of me. It took a lot of time training for this so I'm giving Jake a personal thanks for the many Saturdays he spent with the boys so I could train.
The last photo is of Keri and I right after I finished. She, of course, finished before me so she probably looks a little more rested than I do. I'm very proud of her because she took first in her age division. I guess everyone that knows her doesn't take that as a surprise. She's amazing. This is just the beginning of me and triathalons!

7 comments:

The Wright Stuff said...

You are soo awesome KIM! I am currently trying to find a friend to train for a triathlon with!!! You are my hero! I wish I could have done it with you! Or at least trained with you! (You would have finished way before me and I probably would've been too busy barfing to finish anyways!!!) LOL And, the boys are right, you ARE HOT!!!

Bob said...

Congratulations,
kim! That is awesome!

Kristine said...

Go Kim! Great job!

Jenn said...

Wow - that's amazing! Way to go! (And after that you still want to do more? WOW!)

Keri Cannon said...

Love your post! It was too fun! Can't wait to do another one. We need to go biking in Heber soon. Tell the boys I love them!

Jason and Kate said...

congrats kim! I did one and am addicted now. i saw your blog from a friend's blog.
-Kate (Church)

I am Laura said...

Good for you. That is awesome. If you want to check out my family blog it is benandlaura.blogspot.com -- I have it hidden in my profile.